Women 2.0, an organization whose goal is to increase the number of female founders in technology startups, is sharing some good news today: the number of women starting companies has doubled over the past three years. The new data comes from a survey of its own community, which includes everyone from actual founders and co-founders to aspiring entrepreneurs. Back in 2008, Women 2.0 ran the same audience survey and found that 25% of its community were women founders. Today, more than 50% of its audience can now say the same.
- RIM announces PlayBook 2.0 Developer Beta and Runtime, marries Android to BlackBerry
- Lean Mean Green Machine, a Titanic, Terrifying Toddler?s Trike
- 50 Cent Now the Latest Rapper with Rapper Headphones [Headphones]
- 7 Tools For Occupying Wall Street [Toolkit]
- Hori Tactical Assault Commander 3 PS3 keyboard and mouse: for fans of butch peripherals
- Droid RAZR vs. Droid vs. iPhone 4… fight!
- Is Apple working on a 7.85-inch iPad for 2012?
- Women 2.0: Number Of Women Founders Doubled Over Past Three Years
- Who Posted the First iPhone 4S Photos to the Web? [IPhone]
- terrance on 50 Cent Now the Latest Rapper with Rapper Headphones [Headphones]
- harvey on Hori Tactical Assault Commander 3 PS3 keyboard and mouse: for fans of butch peripherals
- JOHN on Garmin’s $23 Chirp wireless beacon brings geocaching thrills to Oregon, Dakota GPS units
- ORLANDO on The Future of Armored Defense Is a Molten Metal Forcefield [Video]
- Apple: iPhone 5 Rumors Hurt Sales [Apple]
- Ice Cream Sandwich: ?Native Resolution? Is 720p
- Pastebin updated to V3, releases Windows app
- Kids Swiping and Leaping Around Nature with National Geographic on Kinect Looks Awesome [Kinect]
- Ice Cream Sandwich Widget Leaks Look Delicious [Android]
- Windows 8 welcome screen revealed, looks very Metro
- Motorola Droid RAZR unveiled: LTE, 4.3-inch qHD Super AMOLED display, available November for $299
- Firefox 4 Friday: 25 million downloads, anti-aliasing, and how to make it look like Firefox 3
- Microsoft releases sexy Bing app for iPad