CrackBerry has just dropped word via “numerous sources” that RIM will be revealing the next iteration of its mobile OS at the fast approaching BlackBerry World conference — and no, it’s still not QNX. Despite consistent rumblings that upcoming devices like the Bold Touch, and Monaco would be launching with OS 6.1, it seems that RIM has decided to re-brand the update completely as BlackBerry 7, perhaps to increase the value proposition and differentiate new devices being announced along with it. However, the site also speculates that current phones running BB6 may not get any BB7 action right off the bat — which could make sense, given that new features like NFC are only present in upcoming devices. All this is naturally unconfirmed, but if this is indeed yet another version of the BlackBerry OS, well, that certainly won’t help the platform get any more developer love.
- RIM announces PlayBook 2.0 Developer Beta and Runtime, marries Android to BlackBerry
- Lean Mean Green Machine, a Titanic, Terrifying Toddler?s Trike
- 50 Cent Now the Latest Rapper with Rapper Headphones [Headphones]
- 7 Tools For Occupying Wall Street [Toolkit]
- Hori Tactical Assault Commander 3 PS3 keyboard and mouse: for fans of butch peripherals
- Droid RAZR vs. Droid vs. iPhone 4… fight!
- Is Apple working on a 7.85-inch iPad for 2012?
- Women 2.0: Number Of Women Founders Doubled Over Past Three Years
- Who Posted the First iPhone 4S Photos to the Web? [IPhone]
- Gilbert on RIM announces PlayBook 2.0 Developer Beta and Runtime, marries Android to BlackBerry
- Derrick on Hori Tactical Assault Commander 3 PS3 keyboard and mouse: for fans of butch peripherals
- terrance on 50 Cent Now the Latest Rapper with Rapper Headphones [Headphones]
- harvey on Hori Tactical Assault Commander 3 PS3 keyboard and mouse: for fans of butch peripherals
- JOHN on Garmin’s $23 Chirp wireless beacon brings geocaching thrills to Oregon, Dakota GPS units
- Apple: iPhone 5 Rumors Hurt Sales [Apple]
- Ice Cream Sandwich: ?Native Resolution? Is 720p
- Pastebin updated to V3, releases Windows app
- Kids Swiping and Leaping Around Nature with National Geographic on Kinect Looks Awesome [Kinect]
- Ice Cream Sandwich Widget Leaks Look Delicious [Android]
- Windows 8 welcome screen revealed, looks very Metro
- Motorola Droid RAZR unveiled: LTE, 4.3-inch qHD Super AMOLED display, available November for $299
- Firefox 4 Friday: 25 million downloads, anti-aliasing, and how to make it look like Firefox 3
- Microsoft releases sexy Bing app for iPad